Saturday, October 01, 2005

There's been a grave misunderstanding...

Yes, that was the tagline of the movie, Corpse Bride... I brought my younger brother to Jurong Point to catch the new movie as a present for Children's Day, since I was on half day off... After paying $8 each for the tickets, and $8.50 for the popcorn combo, with comes with a large serving of popcorn, a large drink and a free handphone strap, we made our way to the theatre...

As we were early, there wasn't much crowd in the theatre yet... I walked through the row of seat first, looking for our assigned seats, L05 & L06... Since L06 is nearer to the steps of pathway, I exchanged seats with my brother... We settled down, enjoyed our popcorn combo and the advertisements showing on screen...

A few minutes later, a pair of university undergrad-looking couple (possibly form the nearby NTU) came up to our aisle... The girl was a pretty, hot chick!! She wore a pink top and brown skirt, holding a thick white sweater in one hand... They squeezed through our cramped legroom to get to their seats, L03 & L04... As she walked past me, the aromatic sweet scent of her perfume whisked past my nose... *sniff-sniff* Argh...... Shouldn't have changed seats with my brother!! (I think bao bei will be shaking her head and be fuming mad when she reads this... But hey... I'm just trying to be cheeky only kae, bao bei? =p )

So, continue on with the advertisements... They aired the Visa card advertisement, the one in the safari setting, where, they chanced upon an 'Ah Meng' lying in the middle of the road, playing dead... In the end, the toursit had to use her visa card to call for bananas to get back her luggages... That was one of my favourite advertisements...

Then came the Visa platinum card advertisement, which is also one of my favourites... This is the one where the setting is set in India... The one which my bao bei and I always laugh to, coz we would always try to imitate the little girl and the Indian accent... I particulary enjoyed this one as it's the full extended version... I've never seen the extended version before, and I thought that the one always showing on tv is the actual one... I must say that the full extended version is much nicer, and I lurrve it...

Here's a small part of it... You must say/read it with the Indian accent...

Man to Richard Gere: More birds, more luck!!
******
Girl: My brother is going away on a journey, I want to buy five birds to wish him luck.
Bird-seller: But there's only enough for 1 bird...
Girl: Okay... (With a sad, disappointed tone)

Haha... Bao bei and I would always play to it...

Corpse Bride is about this guy called Victor, whom has been arranged by his family to marry the girl, Victoria, for money... But actually, Victoria's family is also penny-less... They met for the first time to rehearse their wedding vows, and they fell in love at first sight... As Victor is too anxious and keeps forgetting his verse, the rehearsal is called off by the pastor angrily... Victor was disappointed with himself and ran off... On his way, he kept rehearsing, and finally got the right verse...

"With this hand, I'll lift your sorrow...
With this cup, I'll fill your wine...
With this ring, I'll marry you..."
And he went on to put the ring on a tweak, to rehearse, not realising that that was the finger of a corpse bride, and he's actually in a cemetry... Then Emily, the corpse bride, rose from the ground and began chasing her 'husband'... "You shall now kiss your bride..."
So the story goes on, with Emily having found her husband, and Victor, wanting to go back to marry his true love, Victora...
It's a typical Warner Brother's cartoon, where it will come to a happy ending... Along the way, it's filled with creative cartoon happenings, like the ribcage of a skeleton being a guitar, and a skeleton, dropping his jaw to the ground when some jaw-dropping thing happened... On the whole, the plot is simple, fairly interesting, and it's a short film of juz 1 hr 15 mins... Only small kids would really enjoy, I would say...
Story: ***
Creativity: ****
Graphics: *** & half
Overall: ***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home