Friday, May 12, 2006

aN eVeNtFuL dAy...

It's the Vesak day holiday, and my SOA frens are meeting up for a meal together, to get together, rekindle the friendship bond, and be merry... Our intial plan was to go to Marche at Heeren... Armed with the info of the arranged time and location, i headed down to Heeren...

When i reached there, i was shocked!! The boardings said that they're undergoing renovations at the moment, and do visit the other Marche outlet at Suntec City... I looked at my watch- correct time... Looked around, no familiar faces in sight... First thing crossed my mind--Am i being sabotaged??

So i took out my Nokia 6610 (my old reliable-drop-umpteen-times-and-yet-still-solid phone) and began to call the organiser, Ben...

Me: Hello?? Hey Ben, i'm here... it seems that Marche is closed for renovations...
Ben: Yah... I've actually made a reservation at Billy Bombers instead...
Me: So where are you now?
Ben: We're outside Heeren... Near the Old Chang Kee...
Me: Oh... I'm near the Balcony, I'll go over...

So, instead of Marche, we're going to Billy Bombers instead... And yet, i was still thinking of the rostti with sausage for the whole afternoon...

And as time ticked away, our frends began to start streaming in... And we headed up to Billy Bombers... It was packed and service was slow... They arranged for a row of 20 seats just behind the cashier for us... we made our order and happily chatted, to catch up on wat's going on for one another... Since we're all seperated into different units and camps, there were definitely lots to catch up on...

Food was served... Some of us ordered burgers... The 'Yin & Yang' and the 'All Stars' burgers looked damn good... It was probably 1.5 times the size of a McDonald's Big Mac, comparable to the serving that they served at Carl's Jr... And i had my 'Honey Stung Crispy Chicken something.... Or it was something like that... According to the menu, it was a 'Chef's recommendation'... But it wasn't very nice... Quite saltish in fact... Didn't really like it though...

Then, the ice water that we had asked for, took so long to come, until we had to ask for it again... And the most unexpected happened...

The waitress was serving the glasses to all of us... And when she moved behind my chair, to serve to people on this side of my table, she toppled 1 glass (i think), onto the back of my shirt!!! And my right arm, back and jeans were all wet... Cold and wet... I was just halfway through my chicken, and the water just came flushing down!!! The waitress was so pai-seh that she kept apologising... And my frends kept teasing us...

"Hey damien, you planned for this right? Strategy right?"

Hey... Firstly, i'm not someone who would do this kind of stunts kae? I'm juz a boring old boy who is not very good at tackling girls... (subjective to my opinion) And secondly, why would i want to sacrifice myself and my shirt for this? To get her number? Or a free meal? I'm not desperate to that extent kae? And thirdly, she's not that hot or pretty either... (Sorry, whoever you are, which i didn't get your name, and i dun think you would be reading this...)

So i said to her... It's ok, it's ok... I'm fine... Can you get me some servietts?? So she hurriedly go get a huge stack of them and passed it to me... And she kept apologising again... I understand her plight... So i just have to calm her down and to make the situation less tense by teasing,

"i'm really ok... anyway, it's just water right?"

And she said, "Yes, just water"...

So i assured her that i'm fine, and she went on to do her stuff... My frends were making the moment theirs, by saying... Hey... this is your strategy right? Oh please......... But they did say that she was so pai-seh that she kept blushing... If i were her, i would have tried to dig a hole and stick my head into it...

Along the conversation, one of my frend revealed that he is married, and the baby will be born in July... Oh Congrats!! It's going to be a baby girl!!! This guy is the same age as me, and i think his wife is the same age too... According to him, it was a shot-gun, but he already had intentions of tying the knot with her earlier... So the baby just seems to speed things up... Things are not going to be too hard on him as his family is rather rich, so not a problem at all... Anyway, he's a very responsible and capable guy, happy-go-lucky kind of personality... So he's not going to be in a deep shit... Anyway, he's wife is very model-like pretty... Tall and pretty... Seen her photo before... When he said his daughter is going to be born in July, he was all smiles... Hmm... going to be a happy father soon... And the question starts to pop in my mind...

"Isn't it heartening to see people settle down with a wife and kids?"

"But isn't it early? I would want to start a family too, but i dun think i'm financially capable..."

After the meal, i took a bus back from Orchard... The bus passed by the prestigious Holland Road, where the landed properties are... I was looking out at them... Nice beautiful condos, apartments, and detached houses with quiet surroudings... Fancy living in estates where neighbours are equally rich... The houses were beautifully lighted up with soothing spotlights, making the house very cosy and comfortable... And i thought to myself... It must be very lovely to be able to own that, coming home to a cosy place, where you can sit back and sip a cup of tea, sitting by the windows and watch the world go by...

Wat an eventful night, ending off with a little tour of the cosy posh district of the landed properties of Holland Road... I wish i would be able to own one of those units one day... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home