Monday, August 21, 2006

tO fLy Or NoT tO fLy?

Our National carrier is recruiting for cabin crew... I'm in a little dilemma as to whether to sign up for it or not... I am interested to take up the position, but i do have my concerns...

1. If I were to be selected, and ultimately be given the opportunity to fly, I will end up working irregular hours. It will be a no-day-no-night kind of affair... The job will require me to fly even during odd hours like 3am in the wee hours of the morning... That will mean going to the airport at probably around 2am and serving passengers through the night... Irregular hours also mean irregular working days, inclusive of public holidays like Christmas or Chinese New Year... And the peak flying season will coincide with the vacation holidays period, where chances of going on holiday with bao bei will be sacrificed... All these will mean lesser time for bao bei, family and friends...

2. As you know, the percentage of females to males as cabin crew is generally distorted, with females majoring the scale... Furthermore, these girls tended to be good looking...

So by taking up this position will mean being close to the beauties and making bao bei feel insecure... On top of that, i will be overseas with these girls, far away from home... On this note, i would like to reassure bao bei that i understand your concern, and that you shouldn't worry as I will stay commited and loyal to you... I will always remind myself who is my soulmate and to whom my heart should go to... (bao bei, i love you...)

3. I'm also concerned about the career opportunities that comes with this job... What if a few years down the road, should i decide to leave the industry, or should they decide that it's time i leave, what am i going to do? With such a high paying job, it will definitely be a difficult task to re-adjust back to the normal lifestyle...

But the advantages seem to lure me too...

1. The money is definitely good... With basic, flying allowance, incentive, and huge bonuses, the pay pocket is going to be thick...

2. The opportunity to see the world... With so many destinations and flying routes, I will have lots of opportunities to explore different cultures and see the world...

3. Working in the service industry, image branding and public relations has always been something that i would like to explore in... This position will definitely give me a chance to try out a career in this field...

For now, i still have some time to really decide should I go for it... The interview is at Swissotel this weekend... Do check it out if you're interested...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home