Saturday, May 27, 2006

TuR kWa In My SaTaY bEe HoOn!!!

I had my dinner at the Tiong Bahru Market this evening... It was a pleasant experience as there were many varieties of hawker food there... From zhe char, to chicken rice, hokkien mee to fried kuay teow, carrot cake to fried oyster, porridge to chee kway, and also the now famous, bah chor mee... It was a sightful, and also a mouthful... Spoilt for choices and not knowing wat to eat... Feel like having everything, but i only have 1 stomach...

My final choice was to have a humble plate of satay bee hoon...

I went up to the stall to queue, and ordered my noodle after a short wait... The pot of satay gravy simply looked yummy-licious... =) And given that the hawkers there had many years of hawkering experience, it surely will taste good too...

After i was served, i happily went back to my seat to enjoy my noodle... I peeled open the plastic wrapping to my disposable chopsticks, and was about to tuck into my hot warm noodle when i saw something very familiar... To my surprise, there's tur kwa in it!!! Not 1... not 2... but 3 pieces of tur kwa!!! Since when did satay bee hoon come with tur kwa?? Now the tur kwa has got so famous that it has also made its way to a plate of satay bee hoon?? Hmmm... tur kwa has invaded us!!!

Now, what if i go up to the uncle and make up a fuss? "Why you put tur kwa in my noodle when i didn't say i want tur kwa?" Imagine wat will he do... will he try to show me his CCTV footage? or will he show me his finger instead??

I checked around the stall... there was no CCTV camera... so even if he were to claim that he had asked me whether i wan tur kwa in my noodle, i dun think there's a way for him to prove it...

But i'm not going to walk up to the store to make a fuss... It's not because i'm afraid he will show me his finger, nor is it that i'm afraid to make a scene... i just feel that, since i'm given 3 pieces of tur kwa, just eat it lah!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home